Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Suggestion of reporting software fixes a...
Suggestion of reporting software fixes and improvements to the latest software

2726 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: 2015-12-13 15:30:14

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2015-11-24 23:00:02
     I should have already upgraded to a Maxi Sys from my old DS708 which still has expired old software from mid 2014 with all the car logos But saw the uproar on the forum 10 months ago about loss of logos , then complaints about loss of OE functions or some  listed functions no longer worked after software updates. Autel admitted to some software issues causing by some  changes to the system appearance to make things more homogenized between all makes software that caused some things to quit working, but other than obvious removal of trademark logos , won't admit any OE functions that once worked in older software had been downgraded, intentionally or non intentionally  removed or rendered to no longer work to placate Ford and possibly other OE manufacturers lawyers emboldened by what Ford already was causing Autel to have to do and also sent cease and desist letters to remove some dealer level functions that Snappy and OPP have to kiss OE butt and have to pay for but only got aF@rt but not half the  Sh@t. ROFLMAO.
      If you guys that complained in the past have the latest software now think it has improved things and have repaired issues of past datalogs sent then please start telling us what you can tell has been repaired and what  features have been restored and what new features have been added for older vehicles.I hope to have a good enough reason to upgrade to the maxi sys
    file:  DSCF1727.JPG

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2015-11-24 23:26:55 (Reply to:witsend)

If you can find an old version maxsys with system 1.28 and under it would be a great improvement from the ds708. As for a brand new one?
    Keep what works for you till it don't work no more......Then move on. I have had my 905 for a little over a year now. Still love it. Stopped updating in aug. Am having no system problems. As with the 708 the older tools worked better.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2015-11-25 05:09:32 (Reply to:hondaman219)
    Either or, I figure within a year I will start seeing cars newer than the coverage of my DS 708 has and have to either upgrade or update the DS 708  to get the newer car coverage I will need. I heard with the latest maxisys system optimization, that it was going to remove ALL the older versions of software on the tool. , what about if the older software versions were saved to your pc, and then copied  back onto the Maxisys or from an external hard drive after the system optimization and manufacturer updates were completed , would you be able to access and use the older software version again if you wanted?
      If the answer is that no older software versions will work on the MaxiSys any longer after the latest optimization system update , what about the DS708 software that is SD card based? Wonder if you can still stick  in a backup card of an older version of software any longer?

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2015-11-25 11:55:51 (Reply to:witsend)

I have been backing up my software since the first of the year. After the oct system update you can no longer run old versions. I can still run the first versions of vehicles. I can even run both new (current to me) and old version on the same tool. I believe you can still backup and reload prev versions but are limited to oct software and beyond.As for the 708 i'm not sure. This is a good way to keep users from running the software that made this tool awesome. 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2015-11-25 15:14:06 (Reply to:hondaman219)
       Well if the reported issues of software problems with the newer updates within the last year are  just temporary issues caused by streamlining and changes in appearance to software interface and not just me wearing a Tinfoil hat suspecting that the system software issues are really  a clandestine smokescreen to slowly cause  OE j2534 paid subscription  based type of coding  functions to cease working and go away as a slow bleed process over time. Disable 6 things but bring back 3 things as repaired functions the following update and so on .
      If  guys don't start singing praises soon here about the return of lost  functions or a verified fix list of past data logs after the so called bugs caused by the software interface changes, then if I were to put on another layer of tin foil hat over my head... Within a year or two guys like you and me choosing to continue to run old software on our scan tools with our wireless turned on all day , will some functions on old software start to mysteriously go away or stop working?Will data become corrupted? Will their be a future Virus contracted and all old scanners and the software with internet access become totally un useable because we fail in the near future  to do some recommended Hi priority security update ?(start playing that Twilight Zone soundtrack, my tin foil hat is starting to resonate against my Spock ears again.

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2015-11-25 23:04:48 (Reply to:witsend)

I was sorta happy with the way things were going up in till aug this year. When they came out with the liability waver pop up thing I was worried. Before the major system update you could run the newest versions and run prev or at least go back one version. I am running v1.28. The system was stable. My shop has no wifi so i turned it off in aug. I use the tool as a work tool and have to bring it home to download. I do have access to a pc for the internet.  Call me paranoid but i didn't want any unknown downloads. Virus or other.  I have never had a problem with it not working. If you have been here a while you know that system problems were rare in the last year. The last few months I have seen many. Am I sorry I bought this tool? No I still love it when my tool does something the shops $6500 snapon wouldn't do 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2015-12-01 15:45:40 (Reply to:hondaman219)
         Anyone out of free update period , it might be wise to shut off the tool's Internet access to play it safe, but not sure it can even be done and still have the option to be able to print wirelessly any longer, which I like having, especially since I added external Lithium Ion battery power to my DS708.
      It would go a long way to build back some confidence in a hit or miss reputation of a tool , if for the thousands of data logs that technicians took the time to submit in past months for functions not working right on the software.
         If the problems encountered is really  not a gradual  creeping downgrading or loss of OE tool functionality to placate Ford and others, then each month let's revisit at least 2 dozen past complaints where data logs were sent in and 2 dozen confirmed beta tested fixes that address those past problems with the newer version software.
       Support, is it possible to dredge up some prime examples of past data logs sent in with complaints a function didn't  work that engineering confirmed  the problem and beta tested a fixes that  addressed the data log concern?Please  start  listing  examples of  fixes and restored functions on this forum  so we can gauge the fixes are keeping pace with  what gets  broken?
      Anyone here send in datalog about a function not working on an older  software where later, you received an email from engineering telling you the problem was verified and fixed, thanking you and asking you if you can confirm the newer software version function works?

•   Level 2   
    (20) points
    billrickard

2015-12-08 16:15:42 (Reply to:witsend)

Anyone here send in datalog about a function not working on an older  software where later, you received an email from engineering telling you the problem was verified and fixed, thanking you and asking you if you can confirm the newer software version function works?

In response to this part of your post, I posted on here about toyota/lexus freezing up on autoscan when it gets to the door module.  I didn't send in a datalog, only posted it on here.  Next day i saw an email in my inbox from Tina at autel saying they knew of the problem and a fix would be posted on the 20th of Dec with the new update.  That seemed to me to be a pretty quick and positive response.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-12-09 07:34:24 (Reply to:billrickard)

No that's not quick i have a DEC ss2 which is a really good tool if something does not work i call DEC support and send a log file withing an hour or so i have a script file e-mailed to me which 99/100 works and the fix will go on the next release...that is support NOT a bunch of clowns that have no direct contact maybe will contact you in a week or two maybe not at all..in any event most times the problem doesn't get fixed just swept under the carpet.
    it took me six months of nagging to get proxy alignment added to fiat(one of the most basic functions)

im sorry but i have no confidence.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2015-12-13 15:30:14 (Reply to:billrickard)
       Ok, that sounds like a promising start, but The Engineers  don' t need Shirts, Ties, Lawyers and Executive Skirts  running the  Engineering department, on Dec 19th making them  Hastily apply  patches to a Hodge Podge  mix of OE software that actually works and  Executive ordered New Corporate vision software of what they think it should be , and have a major blowout later.
  Total1 Pages